Vacancy - Parts Controller, Westbury
MG Cannon are multi award-winning, 'manufacturer approved', vehicle accident repair centres with sites in Dorchester, Gloucester, Plymouth, Salisbury, Swindon and Westbury.
We have an opportunity for a parts controller to join our busy Westbury site, this role is well suited to a person with experience gained within the motor industry and ideally a basic knowledge of vehicle layout, function and location of parts.
Job responsibilities and duties:
- Ordering parts direct from our suppliers via phone and online
- Ensure parts are ordered correctly and available for the vehicle repair process
- Booking parts onto our system and allocating into stock, chasing outstanding parts
- Ensure parts returns are done within the required time scales and credit notes chased
- Commitment to making sure team members are informed of any change of ETA
- Liaise with parts suppliers to resolve delivery issues
- Unloading of deliveries ensuring all parts are booked in and parts are properly tagged and stored correctly ready for repair process
- Returning parts for credit when necessary
Your Qualities and Skills:
- High level of attention to detail with good IT skills
- Time management and strong organisation skills
- Good communication skills - key to your role, as it has a direct impact on the efficiency and productivity of the vehicle repair process
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative with minimal supervision
- Be flexible in your approach and continually work to high standards
- Increase efficiency and order accuracy of purchasing of parts reducing wastage, incorrect and incomplete ordering
We are committed to staff development and offer excellent training opportunities, a fast paced, friendly work environment.
Mon-Fri / 40 hours per week, competitive hourly rates, plus bonus scheme and pension.