Vacancy - Panel Technician, Dorchester
MG Cannon are an award-winning manufacturer approved accident repair centre with six main manufacturer approved bodyshops and three Magic cosmetic repair centres, operating across ten counties, with 37 leading manufacturer brand approvals including Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Volkswagen Group, Volvo and Tesla.
We have managed to sustain our business through COVID-19 and we’ve put our people before profit during this challenging time – after all it’s our people that are at the heart of our business, which has been key to our sustainable success.
We are keen to recruit and retain talented people who can play a key role in our business and keep up with its rapid growth.
We are looking for a Panel Technician who will be based at our Dorchester site. You will be required to replace and repair damaged areas to a high standard, liaise with colleagues within the estimating and administration team.
In return you will receive enviable employee benefits, excellent training opportunities and a fast paced, friendly work environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Follow manufacturer repair methods to return vehicles to pre-accident condition
- Perform road testing (if applicable)
- Awareness & adherence to all necessary standards and H&S procedures
- Interpret and implement technical instruction data
- Report all faults or defect detected whilst working on the vehicle
- Maintaining thorough and up-to-date product knowledge
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards and administration of your work
- You will be a highly-motivated, driven individual who will thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- In your application you will be able to demonstrate a City & Guild Level 3 (or equivalent) in Automotive Bodyshop Repair
- You will have at least 2 years’ Panel Technician experience
- The ATA accreditation is desirable but not essential and training will be provided to achieve this
- To be considered you must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and will hold a full, valid UK driving licence
We are committed to staff development and offer excellent training opportunities, a fast paced, friendly work environment.
Mon-Fri 40 hours per week, competitive hourly rates, plus bonus scheme and pension.
Job Type: Permanent Salary: £25,000.00-£28,500.00 per year