Vacancy - Workshop Controller, Salisbury
At MG Cannon we believe in the value of our people and team culture and we’re keen to recruit, attract, motivate, develop and retain the best talent who can play a key role in our business and its continuing growth.
We have managed to sustain our business through COVID-19 and we’ve put our people before profit during this challenging time – after all it’s our people that are at the heart of our business, which has been key to our sustainable success.
Are you an organised, focused and motivated individual?
We now have an exciting opportunity to join our Salisbury site as a Workshop Controller.
About the role
- Another very important aspect of the job is teamwork as you will be working with other colleagues in the bodyshop as well as across other functional areas.
- Maintain workflow in the workshop by liaising with the Bodyshop Manager and other necessary personnel about current jobs and update on status, highlighting jobs which require priority attention
- Ensure work is completed to agreed timescales, progress chasing when necessary and reporting the occasional delay to the customer immediately
- Control the usage of consumable materials and other parts within the workshop
- Identify blockages or potential problems in the workflow and solve them, with support from the Bodyshop Manager if necessary
- Ensure job cards are completed correctly against the work authorised in order that customer invoices can be raised in a timely manner
- Carry out regular quality checks on work progressing through the workshop ensuring that H&S regulations and other legislative requirement are met and that all company standards are complied with
- Assist team members with advice or help when necessary.
- Ideally you are qualified to NVQ level 3/City & Guilds or ATA qualified with a solid Bodyshop background – as a Bodyshop Controller, Workshop Manager or Quality Controller within a Car Dealership, Body Repairer or Crash Repair Centre, whether the job at hand is routine or more complex, you will know just how to solve it.
- You come from a fast-paced background – know how to work in a standard job time structure with a focus on producing compliant, high-quality work
- You can multi-task - you can be sure you will never be looking for something to do, so being able to prioritise and plan your work is key
- You will have a full UK/EU Driving Licence
- You take pride in providing a great customer experience each day - you understand what is important to your customers and suppliers
- You will be joining an established and friendly team with a significant combined industry experience
We are committed to staff development and offer a fast paced, friendly work environment, competitive hourly rates, plus bonus scheme and pension.
If you would like to work for an employer who delivers what they promise from the outset, a business which continues to grow.
Application deadline: 26/07/2021 Job Types: Full-time, Permanent Salary: Up to £27,000.00 per year