Vacancy - Parts Controller / Driver - Salisbury
MG Cannon are multi award-winning, 'manufacturer approved', vehicle accident repair. Operating from 8 sites - six main manufacturer approved bodyshops and two Magic cosmetic repair centres. Across 10 counties, with 39 leading manufacturer brand approvals including Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Volkswagen Group, Tesla, Volvo and Polestar.
At MG Cannon we believe in the value of our people and team culture and we’re keen to recruit, attract, motivate, develop and retain the best talent who can play a key role in our business and its continuing growth.
We have managed to sustain our business through COVID-19 and we’ve put our people before profit during this challenging time – after all it’s our people that are at the heart of our business, which has been key to our sustainable success.
We have an opportunity for a parts controller to join our busy Salisbury site, this role is well suited to a person with experience gained within the motor industry and ideally a basic knowledge of vehicle layout, function and location of parts.
About the role
- Ordering parts direct from our suppliers via phone and online
- Ensure parts are ordered correctly and available for the vehicle repair process
- Booking parts onto our system and allocating into stock, chasing outstanding parts
- Ensure parts returns are done within the required time scales and credit notes chased
- Commitment to making sure team members are informed of any change of ETA
- Liaise with parts suppliers to resolve delivery issues
- Unloading of deliveries ensuring all parts are booked in and parts are properly tagged and stored correctly ready for repair process
- Returning parts for credit when necessary
- The delivery and collection of cars from customers
- Ensuring that the vehicle is checked on collection with the customer and identifying areas for repair with the customer
- Explaining the next stages to the customer ensuring that they are aware of what will happen to the vehicle whilst it’s in our car
- When delivering the cars back to customers, showing them and discussing the repair that has taken place
- Complete any paperwork or information on tables as required
- Working with colleagues to identify the best routes for collection and delivery with suggestions on order
- Checking the vehicle in using the systems required
- High level of attention to detail with good IT skills
- Time management and strong organisation skills
- Good communication skills - key to your role, as it has a direct impact on the efficiency and productivity of the vehicle repair process
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative with minimal supervision
- Be flexible in your approach and continually work to high standards
- Be able to deal with customers either over the phone or face to face
- Always aspire to deliver excellent customer service
- Have a customer first attitude
• Increase efficiency and order accuracy of purchasing of parts reducing wastage, incorrect and incomplete ordering
We are committed to staff development and offer excellent training opportunities, a fast paced, friendly work environment. Mon-Fri 40 hours per week, competitive hourly rates, plus bonus scheme and pension.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent