Vacancy - Customer Service, Dorchester
MG Cannon are multi award-winning, 'manufacturer approved', vehicle accident repair. Operating from 8 sites - six main manufacturer approved bodyshops and two Magic cosmetic repair centres. Across 10 counties, with 39 leading manufacturer brand approvals including Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Volkswagen Group, Tesla, Volvo and Polestar.
At MG Cannon we believe in the value of our people and team culture and we’re keen to recruit, attract, motivate, develop and retain the best talent who can play a key role in our business and its continuing growth.
We have managed to sustain our business through COVID-19 and we’ve put our people before profit during this challenging time – after all it’s our people that are at the heart of our business, which has been key to our sustainable success.
About the Role
We have an opportunity for a ‘Customer Service Liaison’ to join our busy site in Dorchester. This role will suit confident, positive and people orientated professionals who enjoy delighting customers by providing a great customer experience.
Job responsibilities and duties:
- Provide a friendly and professional first impression to all customers and visitors
- Manage the customer’s experience from first contact to follow up after vehicle collection
- Collect and record accurate customer, incident and vehicle details and images
- Liaise with estimating team to compile and provide repair methods and quotations
- Set up new jobs and learn to create estimates for customers (full training provided)
- Provide customers with information on additional services available to them
- Explain the repair process to customers at drop off and collection
- Maintain an understanding of work in progress status from daily team meetings
- Keep customers updated on repair progress, customer requests and relevant points
- Arrange collections, drop offs, courtesy cars and deliveries for customers
- Record all details and actions on company systems (full training provided)
- Manage customer satisfaction, lifetime guarantee and repair certification processes
- Attend vehicle manufacturer training both online and face to face at the training centres
Your Qualities and Skills
- Provide a professional appearance and experience, consistent with our approvals from brands including Mercedes-Benz, Tesla, BMW and Volkswagen Group
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build trusted relationships quickly
- Ability to manage excellent and effective communications with a wide variety of people
- Excellent phone, text, email and in person skills are of equal importance
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative when required
- Be flexible in your approach and continually work to set the highest possible standards
- Have excellent administration, time management and organisational skills
- Ensure all customers and visitors receive a high quality, personalised experience
- Ensure that all information is professionally presented to customers in a timely manner
- Ensure customers needs and requests are proactively managed throughout the repair
- Ensure that your professional development training plan is maintained
We are committed to staff development and offer excellent training opportunities, a fast paced, friendly work environment. Mon-Fri 40 hours per week, competitive hourly rates, plus bonus scheme and pension.