Vacancy - Accounts Controller - Work From Home
MG Cannon are an award-winning manufacturer approved accident repair operating from 8 sites - six main manufacturer approved bodyshops and two Magic cosmetic repair centres. Across 10 counties, with 39 leading manufacturer brand approvals including Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Volkswagen Group, Tesla, Volvo and Polestar.
At MG Cannon we believe in the value of our people and team culture and we’re keen to recruit, attract, motivate, develop and retain the best talent who can play a key role in our business and its continuing growth.
We have managed to sustain our business through COVID-19 and we’ve put our people before profit during this challenging time – after all it’s our people that are at the heart of our business, which has been key to our sustainable success.
Are you an organised, focused and motivated individual?
We now have an exciting opportunity to join our Group Accounts team as an Accounts Controller.
About the role
Another very important aspect of the job is teamwork as you will be providing support to the Group Financial Manager and Directors, whilst working with colleagues in the Accounts team and working our teams based on site.
Responsibilities will include your ability to -
- Inputting invoices, credit notes, payments and receipts in SAGE
- Processing supplier payments using internet banking
- Processing credit/debit card payments received
- Deal with queries from customers and suppliers
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting with the processing of prepayments, accruals and depreciation
- Assisting with monthly internal audits to ensure all transactions have been posted accurately
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting with maintaining the asset register
- Maintaining accurate records and help to develop and improve systems to effect control and efficient reporting of financial data whilst working closely with the accounts team
The successful candidate would have the following experience and qualifications -
- Experience using Sage 50 is essential
- Experience using management systems desirable but not essential
- Experience within a similar role
Benefits include -
· 22 days holiday, plus bank holidays / Participation in the company pension scheme